In this article we will learn to do a gym at home easily and choose…
So You Can Lose Weight Quickly with Jumping Rope?
Jumping rope is an accessible sport that allows you to burn a lot of calories and train all the muscles in your body. With a skipping rope, you can exercise effectively without a large investment of time and money to lose weight.
It’s no surprise that jumping rope is often a part of top athletes’ training. It is an intensive sport and a good way to warm up the muscles. Forget the gym, good training on jumping rope can get you your target weight. Here you will find the perfect tips.
Contents of this article:
- What makes skipping rope a good way to lose weight?
- How many calories you burn with jumping rope?
- What diets do you need with jumping training?
- Why is rope skipping the ideal sport for weight loss
- Benefits of jumping rope as a sporting activity
- Jumping rope’s disadvantages
- Prepare and training
- What do you need to seriously start jumping rope?
- Jump rope training
- Choose interval training
- Alternative sports to drop them off
What makes skipping rope a good way to lose weight?
Jumping rope is a very intensive sport. It is very tiring to always make slow jumps. The advantage of this sport compared to many other sports is that you work out every muscle in your body while, for example, running mainly use your leg muscles.
It is a sport that is easy to schedule in your daily schedule. Nevertheless, you should not think that a few minutes of jumping rope a few times a day is the right training. It is best to stick to a strict training schedule. Later, in this article, we will discuss an actual training schedule.
How many calories can you burn by jumping rope?
A few minutes of jumping rope will cost you a lot of energy. It is, therefore, inevitable to make sure how many calories you burn. Here are several theories about different outcomes. The number of calories you burn per half hour is largely dependent on your body weight.
It takes a person of 80 kilos more energy than one of 60 kilos. Still, jumping rope takes a person weighing 60 kilograms about 250 Kcal per hour. You can not achieve this number in most other sports.
What diets do you need with jumping training?
Some diets are not suitable for who practices intensive sports. You should beware of the crash diet. You may not get enough energy in order to overload your body from this diet while your body must have fuel to produce energy.
The intention of this exercise is to convert all body fat into energy. However, if wrong diets are chosen, for the body, it is easier to use for the combustion muscle tissue, which is precisely not the purpose.
The body also needs nutrients to recover after exercise. With a crash diet you do not even get enough food inside, so the body can hardly recover from the effort. The result? You can take days of muscle pain. Do you want to do sports along with a crash diet? Opt for another non-intensive sport. Most other diets are appropriate to combine with active sports. Jumping rope is one of the best sports to help with dieting.
Try to quickly excess weight and body fat with these healthy and easy recipes. Did you know that research shows that two out of three people gaining instead of losing weight with wrong diets? For that reason, I recommend a modern and effective weight loss diet that is easy to keep you full and avoid the yo-yo effect completely when performing jumping rope training.
Why is skipping rope the ideal sport for weight loss
Not everyone wants to go to the gym a few times a week to do exercises. It takes a lot of time. Also, for those who are shy or easy, it is often a big step to take. The same applies to swimming, running, and almost all outdoor sports. Meanwhile, you can start training jumping rope at your own home and at your own pace. In addition, of course, the intensity of is an important advantage of this sport.
Because you also have to put all your muscle mass to work, you will easily lose weight by jumping with the rope. The danger of losing weight without workout is that you also lose muscle mass. By practicing this sport, you can tone your muscles, and, therefore, avoid burning muscle mass.
Benefits of jumping rope as a sporting activity
We will shortly give you at a glance of the benefits of jumping rope combined with the desire to lose weight:
- Benefit # 1: Intensive – It’s an intense sport which also makes for building muscle mass
- Benefit # 2: Cheap – It is cheap compared to many other sports
- Benefit # 3: At home – You can just exercise at home, so it is easier to plan the schedule. Also, it takes very little space in your home
- Benefit # 4: You keep it indoors – You do not have to go to a gym or a swimming pool. In your private area, you can work on your fitness and your weight
Jumping rope’s disadvantages as a sport
There are many advantages and also disadvantages to mention. For example, it is not a sport that is suitable for everyone. It put a heavy load on the body, for example, the knees. People with a lot of overweight will find it difficult to exercise for several minutes of jumping. Below are three disadvantages of this sport:
- Disadvantage # 1: You must find the motivation yourself. Meanwhile, in a team sport, you can be motivated by your teammates. You can not let the team down. And what often plays an important role in getting motivate is the fact that you have already paid for it.
- Disadvantage # 2: Injury Sensitive – When rope skipping, the chances are that your knees and your ankles are overloaded. Once you start to feel the pain, you have to switch to another sport immediately.
- Disadvantage # 3: Too intensive – The sport has to be supported with a dietary goal to burn as many calories as possible. You must also need the motivation to maintain the diets then. If you find jumping rope too intensive for your body, you should stop it and choose an alternative (less intensive) sports.
Prepare and training process
People often think that losing weight by rope skipping is a matter of equal start at full power. However, the opposite is true. First, you need to provide the right equipment. Next, you need to build up your strength by exercise slowly.
What do you need to start jumping rope seriously?
Lose weight with a skipping rope is not easy as you thought. To make a start with a skipping rope, you need to tackle off seriously. You should buy decent shoes that can relieve pressure on your knees and ankles. You must create a space in your home where you can finish the training ( this is quite easy as it just takes 2 meters square).
In addition, you need a skipping rope with a good grip. In order to maintain the training, music may help too.
Jump rope training schedule
Similar to running, jumping rope habit must be built slowly. Your body needs to get used to the heavy load.
Even if your physical condition is good, you have to slowly build up the training schedule. In total, you need a training schedule in six weeks. It is possible to shorten the time, but then you have a greater chance of injury.
- Train Schedule Week 1: 1 minute of jumping rope 2 times per day. This is performed with the so-called Speedstep that is, you do not just jump, it must go with an ongoing movement
- Train Schedule Week 2: Now, two times a day for 2 minutes. You can now jump while walking, so now jumping is in combination with a running motion
- Train Schedule week 3: 2 times per day for 4 to 6 minutes
- Train Schedule Week 4: You can now try to jump for the 10 consecutive minutes
- Train Schedule Week 5: 15 consecutive minutes. Do not do this seven days a week. Your muscle must rest
- Train Schedule Week 6: Two or three times a week for 20 minutes.
Choose interval training
You can jump or even deploy more effectively the cord to fall off faster. You can do this by interval training. 45 seconds intense jumping rope followed by 30 seconds rest. Beginners can better choose to jump intensively for 30 seconds followed by 30 seconds of rest.
The effort along with resting will get your body quickly built and burn fat faster.
Alternative sports to drop them off
It is important that you have fun with sports while losing weight. Do not you like to jump rope? Or, for example, it puts too heavy burden on your knees or ankles? Opt for an alternative sport. Swimming or cycling is less damaging to the body.
The great advantage of these sports is that you yourself have the intensity movement in the arms. Instead of cycling, you can also opt for an exercise bike or a similar device at home.